The event will be held in Madrid in the framework of the “Tour des Capitales”, an EU awareness raising campaign facilitated by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation.
It will take place on the 13th of June in a hybrid format, from 10:00 to 17:30. Representatives of the different public and private actors of the Spanish knowledge transfer ecosystem will participate, as well as high-level officials of the European Commission, the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, the Ministry of Universities, the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office and the innovation funding agency.
The main objective is to showcase the Spanish contribution and response to the Council Recommendation on the guiding principles on knowledge valorisation as well as the implementation of the two Codes of Practice on the management of intellectual assets for knowledge valorisation and on standardisation. With this aim in mind, the event will present Spain’s recently approved Knowledge Transfer and Collaboration Plan.
In particular, the conference programme will include:
- Opening remarks from Diana Morant, Minister of Science and Innovation
- Presentation of the EU Council Recommendation on the Guiding Principles on Knowledge Valorisation from Teresa Riesgo, Secretary General for Innovation.
- Presentation by the European Commission on the Code of practice on the management of intellectual assets for knowledge valorisation and on the Code of practice on standardisation.
- Panel discussion 1: Spain’s Knowledge Transfer Plan – way to implementation?
- Panel discussion 2: New strands of knowledge valorisation – transformation, experimentation, and social impact.